Major Campaign Victories:
On August 13, 2013, CUNY Divest met with the Administration - Vice-Chancellor of Budget and Finance, Chief Investment Officer, and Controller of the University to discuss fossil fuel divestment.
On September 8, 2014, fossil fuel investments were discussed as a calendar item for the CUNY Board of Trustees Subcommittee on Investments. CUNY's fossil fuel investments were reported by CUNY's Vice Chancellor for Budget and Finance, Matthew Sapienza, and Managing Director Thomas Smitt-Jeppesen of Cambridge Associates, CUNY's financial consultant.
Central to our strategy has been getting support from every CUNY campus.
School by school, we have been passing fossil fuel divestment and reinvestment resolutions so that CUNY's Board of Trustees recognize the popular support for divestment and responsible policies regarding climate change.
Throughout the 2013 - 2014 academic year, we have passed 15 resolutions.
We are proud to say government bodies of the following schools and institutions have passed resolutions in support of our campaign goals:
1. The University Student Senate (three times between Oct. '13 & May '15)
2. The CUNY Graduate Center Doctoral Students' Council
3. The Professional Staff Congress
4. Hunter College Undergraduate Student Government
5. City College of New York Undergraduate Student Government
6. Baruch College Undergraduate Student Government
7. Brooklyn College Student Government
8. The New York City College of Technology Undergraduate Student Government
9. Borough of Manhattan Community College Student Government
10. College of Staten Island Student Government
11. Bronx Community College Student Government Association
12. Medgar Evers Community College Student Government Association
13. Hostos Community College Student Government Association